Labels

Friday, March 30, 2012

32 weeks

Well people we have reached 32 weeks. We have about 8 weeks left until Baby Hallam makes his big debut. We are getting more and more excited as the days go on. Alex keeps laughing at me and telling me that I am going through my nesting stage right now. I just keep trying to prepare to have the baby. Cleaning up the house and trying to get the baby room in order. I moved an organizer that we had in our closet into the baby's room so that we can keep things  bit more organized in there.

I had the hardest time buying the colored drawers. I walked around Target forever just trying to decide what colors would look okay in there because they did not have my navy blue and orange colors. I am finding that the more pregnant I am the more indecisive I become as well. And also here are some pictures of my baby bump as well. It just keeps growing and growing. I can't even believe that it will get even bigger. It crazy!

The month of March has been a super crazy one for the Hallam family here in Idaho. First of all one of our favorite holidays happened this month. We love St. Patrick's Day. When we started dating, Alex introduced me to a drink that we have made a tradition on our St. Patrick's Days. The beloved Shamrock Shake. Alex will not let me have it any other day of the month besides St. Patrick's Day. It was so hard not to get one before but that is just what we do and when we did get them we were just too excited! It definitely made our day.


Alex was so excited to drink his Shamrock Shake that he didn't even want to look at the camera. He said it was like a leprechauns dancing which means that it is delicious! Alex cracks me up so much! We love Shamrock Shake time of year. We also have had the opportunity to use our grill this semester. Our friends Brett and Sheree Bingham brought us some steaks from the Bingham Farm. They were SOOOO good!!!! We had fun chatting with them. Brett and Alex used to be roommates and it is always fun to catch up with each other and keep in contact with them.


Alex would not let me take a picture of him but I promise that is him playing with the grill. He likes it when he gets to use his toys. They were delicious and I don't think I can look at another steak in my life because I know that it won't be as good. Today was also a very tragic day. I burned some bread. Alex was stressed out due to the end of semester homework dump and I wanted to make him happy. So I made him some wheat bread and took some to him. Then I was hoping to have a fresh loaf for him when he got home and this was the result.


It was burned. I made two loaves of bread and the first one I took to Alex and while I was there I totally forgot that I had left the second loaf in the oven. My neighbors tried to break into my house to get it out but there was no luck. So I had to come home as fast as possible to get it out and it was burned. I guess it is a good thing that they could not break into my apartment, but not good when there is something I need out of my stove. The moral of the story is make sure your neighbors know how to break into your house....or just take out the bread when it needs to come out of the oven.

Alex presented his research yesterday. He won second place!!! I was so proud of him. I could try to tell you what his presentation was about but there are so many big words that I do not understand, but it has to do with the mink and all of the research that he has been doing for Brother Hunt. I am glad that he is enjoying himself in the lab. It is fun to see him in there.




Okay this post is is becoming way too long, but there is something super exciting that I found at Big Lots this past week that totally made my life. If anyone knows me at all, they know that I absolutely love Funfetti cake. I love it so much that I made it my wedding cake. It is delicious, colorful, and fun. How could you not love it. So I went to Big Lots to get a snack because I seem to be hungry all the time lately and this is what I found.


AMAZING!!!! My life is now complete and I will die a happy woman. What more could I want. And yes they were delicious! I ate all of them over a span of two days.

Well that is our eventful March. sorry if this is long and boring but we find ourselves pretty entertaining in our daily adventures. We hope everyone is doing well!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited and honored to have made it into the blog! I am glad you enjoyed the steaks and thank you for reminding me how spoiled we are by them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a fun post, pictures and all =) I love how the totes turned out, the final product looks awesome! As for the steaks you said it all, cause even in the picture they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete